Re: StringInfo misc. issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: StringInfo misc. issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan escribió:

> NikhilS wrote:
>>

>> I also found the absence of a function like resetStringInfo() a bit
>> puzzling. A found a lot of places where the code was resetting the "len"
>> field to 0 and assigning '\0' to the data field to reset the variable.
>> This seems to be the only missing API which will be needed while working
>> with the StringInfo type.
>

> er, what? stringinfo.h has:
>
> /*------------------------
> * resetStringInfo
> * Clears the current content of the StringInfo, if any. The
> * StringInfo remains valid.
> */
> extern void resetStringInfo(StringInfo str);

I think Neil added this recently.  Maybe NikhilS is looking at 8.2 or
something.

--
Alvaro Herrera                          Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"The Gord often wonders why people threaten never to come back after they've