Re: The naming question WAS: Theme of this release: Performance? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: The naming question WAS: Theme of this release: Performance?
Date
Re: The naming question WAS: Theme of this release: Performance?  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
List pgsql-advocacy
All,

> It is still the case that changing the name would involve a lot of tedious
> effort and hunting down references.  Also, we don't have nearly as good
> control of the various postgres.* domains as we do of postgresql.*.
> (notably, postgres.net belongs to some unknown individual who refuses to
> sell it to me).

Update on this; Aaron got in touch with me and I think we can work something
out *if* we decide to change the name.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun