initdb failed on Windows 2000 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yoshiyuki Asaba
Subject initdb failed on Windows 2000
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have compiled PostgreSQL 8.2.4 with MinGW on Windows 2000. Then I
have executed initdb as Administrator. However initdb failed with the
following message.

----
The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found in the
same directory as "C:\msys\1.0\local\pgsql\bin/initdb".
Check your installation.
----

So, I have debugged initdb.exe. I found that CreatePipe() was failed
with ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED in exec.c:pipe_read_line().

Does anyone know why CreatePipe() was failed with ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED?
Or is there a way that Administrator can execute initdb.exe on Windows
2000?

Regards,
--
Yoshiyuki Asaba