Re: A couple of tsearch loose ends - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: A couple of tsearch loose ends
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi list,

Le mardi 21 août 2007, Tom Lane a écrit :
> CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY swedish (
>     TEMPLATE = snowball,
>     LANGUAGE = swedish,
>     STOPWORDS = swedish
> );
>
> ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY swedish (
>     STOPWORDS
> );
>
> this dictionary would have LANGUAGE = swedish and no stopwords option.
>
> Any objections to changing it like that?

I don't understand why this ALTER variation is so different from existing
ones, but maybe the following syntax can't work: ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY swedish ALTER STOPWORDS SET swedish;

For dropping an option, could one of those commands do? ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY swedish DROP STOPWORDS; ALTER TEXT
SEARCHDICTIONARY swedish ALTER STOPWORDS SET NULL;

Not sure if it's doable or if it really looks more like other ALTER commands,
but I think I'd like it more this way :)

Hope this helps,
--
dim