Re: Video storage in Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Video storage in Postgres?
Date
Re: Video storage in Postgres?
List pgsql-advocacy
Greg,

> It's not as slick as having libpq do it in general but an awful lot of
> things would have to change to make streaming out a video stored in a
> single datum possible -- not just in libpq but in the server as well.

Let me add it to TODO then.  We'd capture a whole new user community if we
had a decent streaming API.  If we could use the same mechanism to return
a few rows at a time, then that would be keen too ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun