Re: change name of redirect_stderr? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: change name of redirect_stderr?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Are we trying to use log_* prefixes, e.g. log_start_collector?
> >
> > That sounds like you want to log when the collector starts, which is not
> > the case and is confusing -- what collector is it talking about?  This
> > is about starting the log collector.
>
> Yea, good point.  I was just wondering because I don't see 'start' used
> in anywhere at the beginning of a GUC variable.

Good point too.  In other places we just name the feature that's to be
started, for example we don't use "start_autovacuum".

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"Granting software the freedom to evolve guarantees only different results,