Re: Quality of email postings - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: Quality of email postings
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Guys,

For the sake of argument please consider the idea that the advocacy mail list is one of the most important mail lists
thatwe've got. It's the only one that is dedicated to advocacy. Hence politics and difference of opinion is an
expected,and even encouraged, outcome.

I don't talk about it much on the mail list but those of you who've I've met face to face know that I live and work in
anenvironment of 'real' politics i.e. I work with politicians and mid to senior level civil servants here in Ottawa.

I've been impatiently waiting for this kind of explosion of opinion to happen for the past few years and now its
finallyhappening. It's a good sign, there's change in the wind. And yes, we need change. Real change.

I suggest you leave things as they are. Get used to it. As for the new people, such as the sales and marketing people,
pleasedon't worry about them as they deal with people not code. They're adept in this kind of environment and all would
dowell to watch them in action.

One last comment, kind of obvious but it doesn't hurt to repeat it, be as vociferous as you like but attack the ideas
andnot the person.

Robert Bernier