Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I appreciate Derek's candor in talking about why the press release was
structured the way it was.

This brings up something I have realized recently.  There is no question
in my mind that EnterprseDB's many mentions of PostgreSQL in their press
releases has greatly helped PostgreSQL to become more visible.  Not that
this wouldn't have happened on its own, but with EnterpriseDB's help, it
has happened faster.

The other good news is that we are getting better at PR ourselves, and I
think more companies are willing to help us do PR, so we are moving into
a phase where we aren't as "off in our own corner" as we were before.

Can we get Tom Lane on the cover of ComputerWorld?  ;-)