Location of PostgreSQL Performance Test Lab - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Location of PostgreSQL Performance Test Lab
Date
Re: Location of PostgreSQL Performance Test Lab  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
Re: Location of PostgreSQL Performance Test Lab  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-www
Folks,

In addition to the machine Gavin Roy is loaning, I'm putting together an
online performance test lab for the commmunity using donated equipment.
Fairly soon, however, I have to decide where it will be hosted.  Since the
plurality of the equipment is coming from California, I'd prefer something on
the West Coast, but the critical issue is somewhere where we have ready
access to sysadmin help to connect things, replace drives etc.

I was thinking of OSL in Corvalis Oregon, for a few reasons:
-- Easy shipping
-- Full-time sysadmin staff
-- One machine is already there
-- Close to Mark Wong
-- Well-known for OSS hosting
However, OSL has the drawback that we would need to raise money to cover power
costs for the new machines, probably a couple $thousand.

Other locations which we have here in the US include:
-- ArcServe in San Jose (Sean Chittenden)
-- EHPG in Fremont (Gavin Roy)
-- Someone in Seattle?

Note that I'm talking about between 1/2 and a full rack of equipment here ...
not just a couple servers.  I'd prefer not to have the servers scattered
hither and yon, either, if I can avoid it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun