Re: autovacuum default parameters (was Re: 8.2 is 30% better in pgbench than 8.3) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Re: autovacuum default parameters (was Re: 8.2 is 30% better in pgbench than 8.3)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> We didn't, but while I agree with the idea, I think 5% is too low.  I
> don't want autovacuum to get excessively aggressive.  Is 10% not enough?

I think the threshold should be a little less than PCTFREE of indexes,
to avoid splitting of btree leaves. It might be good to decrease the
fillfactor to 85% or so when we choise 10% for it.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center