is there a 'table' data type in pg? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Louis-David Mitterrand
Subject is there a 'table' data type in pg?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

In my forum app a new post can be related to several types of objects:
person, location, event, simple text subject, etc. so in my 'forum'
table I plan to add an id_subject column which can contain a reference
to any number of different tables (location, person, etc.). What I need
to know is to _what_ table the id_subject belongs.

Can I use a another column to store the type of the id_subject (ie: the
tabled it belongs to) ? Then I would be able to query that table for
additional info to print alongside the forum posts.

Thanks for your insights,