tsearch2() trigger and domain types... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael D. Stemle, Jr.
Subject tsearch2() trigger and domain types...
Date
List pgsql-sql
Okay, so I have an interesting problem that I'm having a hard time figuring
out.

For standardization in my database I use a domain (login_t) for my login
column in my profile table.  I'm trying to use the tsearch2() trigger to
index several columns, including the login column, into a column
called "search_index."

So I added the trigger as attached with the hope that it would do just that.

Well, here's what I get upon every update and insert to the profile table:
WARNING:  TSearch: 'login' is not of character type

I've tried casting and such, but nothing seems to work.  Anybody got any
ideas?  Thanks in advance.

--
~ Michael D. Stemle, Jr. <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer