Re: tsearch2() trigger and domain types... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tsearch2() trigger and domain types...
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Michael D. Stemle, Jr." <manchicken@notsosoft.net> writes:
> For standardization in my database I use a domain (login_t) for my login
> column in my profile table.

> Well, here's what I get upon every update and insert to the profile table:
> WARNING:  TSearch: 'login' is not of character type

The tsearch trigger seems to insist that the column be text, varchar(n),
or char(n) ... no domains need apply :-(

I'm not real sure why it doesn't just invoke the column's output
function and be datatype-agnostic.  Or at least do that when the
shortcut "I know what text looks like" path isn't applicable.
        regards, tom lane