Re: Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
So the discussion died again with nothing being decided.  I see we have
several choices:

1. implement the standard, per Russell suggestion below
2. decide that the standard is braindead and just omit dumping the  grantor when it's no longer available, but don't
remove pg_auth_members.grantor

3. decide that the standard is braindead and remove  pg_auth_members.grantor

Which do people feel should be implemented?  I can do whatever we
decide; if no one has a strong opinion on the matter, my opinion is we
do (2) which is the easiest.