Re: [BUGS] Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [BUGS] Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped)
Date
In response to Re: [BUGS] Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped)  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Re: [BUGS] Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped)  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> 2. decide that the standard is braindead and just omit dumping the
>    grantor when it's no longer available, but don't remove
>    pg_auth_members.grantor
>
> Which do people feel should be implemented?  I can do whatever we
> decide; if no one has a strong opinion on the matter, my opinion is we
> do (2) which is the easiest.

Here is a patch implementing this idea, vaguely based on Russell's.

Attachment