Re: Using a library compiled for 8.3 in 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Using a library compiled for 8.3 in 8.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Marcelo de Moraes Serpa escribió:
> Hello!
>
> Today, I have finally managed to compile PostgreSQL 8.3devel using Visual
> C++ 2005 on Windows XP PRO. It was a tough process as I've never hacked such
> a big OS project like PGSQL. I did it becouse I needed to develop some C
> functions that will be exported as functions to be called as Stored
> Procedures. The dll compiled well, however, when I try to create it in the
> database using the CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION, I get the following error
> message:

You are wasting your time.  You need to install mingw to be able to
compile Postgres 8.2 on Windows.  The changes to make 8.3 compilable on
MSVC were extensive, and backporting them (which you'd have to do
singlehandedly I imagine) would take much more time than installing
mingw in the first place.