Re: Kill session in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Kill session in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Beware that this is not a supported method, though. It often works, but
don't make it a part of your regular maintenance.

What you can do is use pg_cancel_query() to kick the session back out to
IDLE - that's fully suported, and it will drop any locks the process has,
so it shuold get rid of most of your problem.

//Magnus