Re: Reviewers Guide to Deferred Transactions/TransactionGuarantee - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Re: Reviewers Guide to Deferred Transactions/TransactionGuarantee
Date
Re: Reviewers Guide to Deferred Transactions/TransactionGuarantee  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-patches
"Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> > transaction_guarantee.v11.patch
> correct files attached

This is a small fix to transaction_guarantee patch.
WAL writer needs PGSharedMemoryReAttach() on EXEC_BACKEND platforms.
Other changes are only for suppressing warnings.

We might also need to increase NUM_AUXILIARY_PROCS (=3) for WAL writer,
but I didn't change it in the patch. (I don't know why the value is 3
-- bgwriter, autovacuum launcher and ... what?)

BTW, the following TODO item comes to my mind:
| Allow WAL traffic to be streamed to another server for stand-by replication
We have to open sockets to another server when we want to stream WAL.
If there were WAL writer, we can save the number of those sockets.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center