Re: Daylight Saving Time question PostgreSQL 8.1.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Daylight Saving Time question PostgreSQL 8.1.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zdenec,

> I have following idea:
>
> 1) add guc varibale which enable usage of OS time zone files
>
> 2) add extra parameters into ./configure script which enable OS TZ
> support in the code and get path to OS TZ files.

If we're adding it as a configure-time variable, there's no reason to have
a GUC.

> It probably will require some OS specific code for reading and
> translation TZ file format.

This would require each OS to make a committment to support their
compatibility code.  Like, we would have to maintain the Solaris code, if
any was required.  Ideally, no glue code would be required.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun