Re: problem upgrading from 8.1.6 to 8.1.8 --- relation does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Glen W. Mabey
Subject Re: problem upgrading from 8.1.6 to 8.1.8 --- relation does not exist
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 06:29:21PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Glen W. Mabey" <Glen.Mabey@swri.org> writes:
> > What I see is a bunch of stuff related to the Acquisitions table,
> > including a relation for the primary key, which was created back when
> > the table was named "Acquisition" (not plural), and two different views
> > which draw on Acquisitions, both of which appear to be fully
> > functional.
>
> I wonder whether "reindex index pg_class_relname_nsp_index" would make
> this go away.

Great -- that did it.

However, after I executed that command, SELECT FROM "Acquisitions" LIMIT 1; still
indicated that "Acquisitions" did not exist.  But then a pg_dump command
succeeded, and afterwared, SELECT FROM "Acquisitions" LIMIT 1; did also
succeed.

Thank you very much for your help.

Is this a bug that should be reported?

And, what does "reindex index pg_class_relname_nsp_index" do, anyway?

Also, there is another user who has posted to this list describing what
I first saw when encountering this problem: trouble running pg_dump.

Thanks,
Glen