Re: pg_dump and pg_dumpall is hanging - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Glen W. Mabey
Subject Re: pg_dump and pg_dumpall is hanging
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 08:14:38AM +0530, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
> have you used the verbose option by adding a couple of -v with
> pg_dump or pg_dumpall ? try it it may give a hit
>
> regds
> mallah
>
> On 3/7/07, Karthikeyan Sundaram <skarthi98@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >    I am using 8.1.0 for my production.   The pg_dumpall was working fine
> >    on
> >all these days.  Suddenly from yesterday, the pg_dumpall command fails.
> >Fails means, it hangs (no dump) is taking place.

I had what sounds like a similar problem and finally resolved it by
running "reindex index pg_class_relname_nsp_index".  The problem
appeared for me at the time I upgraded from 8.1.6 to 8.1.8 via Debian
testing.

Hope that helps,
Glen