Re: vacuum error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: vacuum error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 02:29:08AM -0700, Ed L. wrote:
> Perhaps my question was not clear enough.  Let me rephrase:  Does
> the fix for this problem comes from a *fresh* DB structure
> resulting from the initdb, or from a software fix in 8.1.8, or
> both?  The answer makes a big difference with a 200gb database.
> If it's in the software alone, we can simply restart.  If it's
> in the DB structure, we have to migrate 200gb of data from one
> PGDATA to another.

It would come from upgrading the software. Reinitdbing won't actually
make a difference. The whole point of minor versions is that you don't
need to reinit the DB, otherwise it'd be a major version...

In your case you could also get running by creating the missing file,
but whether that's appropriate depends on the cause. I'd check the
release notes to see if any related bugs have been fixed since then.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment