Re: vacuum error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed L.
Subject Re: vacuum error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday March 6 2007 11:52 pm, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Ed L. wrote:
> > Right.  I'm asking if the fix for this problem is in the new
> > 8.1.8 software, or in the new DB structure resulting from
> > the initdb, or perhaps both.
>
> There is no new DB structure in 8.1.8, which is why you can
> update without initdb.  Consult the release notes for details.

Perhaps my question was not clear enough.  Let me rephrase:  Does
the fix for this problem comes from a *fresh* DB structure
resulting from the initdb, or from a software fix in 8.1.8, or
both?  The answer makes a big difference with a 200gb database.
If it's in the software alone, we can simply restart.  If it's
in the DB structure, we have to migrate 200gb of data from one
PGDATA to another.

Ed