Re: SGML index build fix - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: SGML index build fix
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The attached patch warns users when they create documentation output
> that has no index, and suggests re-running 'gmake'.

> ! # for some reason $wildcard expands too early, so we use 'test'

$wildcard is expanded whenever you tell it to.  What did you write?

> !     @test -f bookindex.valid || echo "Run 'gmake' again to generate output with a proper index"

The proper command to run is $(MAKE).

> !

There is a redundant tab on that line.

> +     @test -f bookindex.valid || echo "Run 'gmake' again to generate output with a proper index"

Probably better to capture that in a variable instead of copying it half a dozen times.

"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd">'\
>         >$@
>   # ' hello Emacs
> +     @test -f bookindex.valid || echo "Run 'gmake' again to generate output with a proper index"

When converting to XML, you probably don't want an index because it will
be built differently by the XSLT toolchain.  It's not clear what we want
anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut