Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong locale category - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong locale category
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> > + /*
> > +  * Return the LC_TIME information
> > +  */
> > + char *
> > + pg_get_lc_time(void)
> > + {
> > +     return locale_time;
> > + }
>
> locale_time is a global GUC variable, so there is surely no point in the
> above function.  I have not looked at the rest of the patch.

I know that. If I didn't use it how could i know what is the current
LC_TIME setting? The LC_TIME in backend is always C so I need to change
it to xx_XX briefly, do the job (strftime) and then get it back to C. Am
I wrong? That's what I do.

--  Euler Taveira de Oliveira http://www.timbira.com/