Re: Is there a PostgreSQL utility that is similiar to Oracles sql loader? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Is there a PostgreSQL utility that is similiar to Oracles sql loader?
Date
List pgsql-general
Le vendredi 17 novembre 2006 22:07, Wm.A.Stafford a écrit :
> We  are trying  to load our PostgreSQL DB with data that contains many
> corrupted rows.  I recall that sql loader will skip corrupted rows and
> keep  going.  We are using the PostgreSQL copy command to load and it
> just gives up when the first corrupted row is encountered.

pgloader is the tool you're looking for, it will give you reject log file and
reject data file, and has many useful options, as for example:
  -p, --pedantic        pedantic mode, stop processing on warning
  -n, --dry-run         simulate operations, don't connect to the db
  -T, --truncate        truncate tables before importing data
                        number of input lines to process
  -F FROMCOUNT, --from=FROMCOUNT
                        number of input lines to skip
  -I FROMID, --from-id=FROMID
                        wait for given id on input to begin

Pedantic mode makes pgloader behave as COPY command, damn usefull in debug
mode or if you have the opportunity to correct data.

As I just gave you information to download code and debian package, I won't
insist that much on it :)
--
Dimitri Fontaine
http://www.dalibo.com/