Re: Is there a PostgreSQL utility that is similiar to Oracles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Madison Kelly
Subject Re: Is there a PostgreSQL utility that is similiar to Oracles
Date
List pgsql-general
Wm.A.Stafford wrote:
> We  are trying  to load our PostgreSQL DB with data that contains many
> corrupted rows.  I recall that sql loader will skip corrupted rows and
> keep  going.  We are using the PostgreSQL copy command to load and it
> just gives up when the first corrupted row is encountered.
>
> Thanks in a advance,
> -=bill

This might not help, but I don't know of a tool to do what you want (I
am not an experts, others here may).

How difficult would it be to write a script (perl?) to read in the dump
file and translate all of the COPY... calls into individual INSERTs with
autocommit on and just log the bad rows? Sorry if this doesn't help. :)

Madi