Re: Is there anyway to... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Is there anyway to...
Date
List pgsql-general
louis gonzales <gonzales@linuxlouis.net> schrieb:

> Hey Brian,
> Yeah I had considered this, using cron, I just feel like that is too dirty.

Why?

> Actually I didn't see Andreas' post, can someone forward that?

Sorry, i posted to the list, and i can see my mail.

Take a look at http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgjob/

> Am I making any sense with how I'm asking this?  I could of course have
> cron do a scheduled task of checking/incrementing/decrementing and define
> triggers to occur when one of the cron delivered actions sets the
> appropriate trigger off, but are there other methods that are standard in
> the industry or are we stuck with this type of external influence?

I'm using PG on Linux-systems and use CRON for any tasks, without any
problems. I can't understand your dislike...

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)