Build of postgresql 8.2 beta 2 failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Carl Norden
Subject Build of postgresql 8.2 beta 2 failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I know you're collecting results for beta testing, so I thought I'd pass on the error I ran into.  This may have failed
justbecause I'm running an old version of RedHat (7.1)

When I tried to build postgresql 8.2 beta 2, the compile failed with these errors:

gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing  -fpic -shared
-Wl,-soname,libpq.so.5-Wl,--version-script=exports.list  fe-auth.o fe-connect.o fe-exec.o fe-misc.o fe-print.o
fe-lobj.ofe-protocol2.o fe-protocol3.o pqexpbuffer.o pqsignal.o fe-secure.o md5.o ip.o wchar.o encnames.o noblock.o
pgstrcasecmp.othread.o strlcpy.o  -L../../../src/port -lcrypt
-Wl,-rpath,'/usr/local/sw/postgresql/postgresql-8.2b2/lib'-o libpq.so.5.0

/usr/bin/ld:exports.list:1: parse error in VERSION script
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libpq.so.5.0] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/postgres/src/postgresql-8.2beta2/src/interfaces/libpq'

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3

$ ld --version
GNU ld 2.10.91
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty. Supported emulations:  elf_i386  i386linux
elf_i386_glibc21

I may try poking at it more after dinner to see if I can fix it myself, but just thougt I'd get you more results.  (And
thanksfor all the work in making all the previous versions such a great product!)

  -Carl

--
select soda from soda_machine where ingredients like '%caffine%';