Re: Interface of the R-tree in order to work with postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Interface of the R-tree in order to work with postgresql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 09:15:58AM -0500, jorge alberto wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> I'm Jorge from Peru South America, and this is my first post
>
> I want to know how can I add a new spatial access method into the postgresql
> (I'm doing research on spatial access methods( reading a lot of papers and
> programming a lot too ) but also I want to know how can I add my new data
> structure( if someday i get it, of course =) ) in the postgresql, I mean
> where can i find the .h that describes the interface that a spatial access
> method, like the R-tree, must have in order to work with postgresql.

I would start by reading the documentation, specifically the part about
"GiST". Once you have understood the concept and code there, go to
reading the rtree code in the backend. That should answer almost all
your questions.

Have a nice day,