Re: advisory locks and permissions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: advisory locks and permissions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
> > advisory locks still show up as 'userlock' in the pg_locks view.  does
> > this matter?
>
> I'm disinclined to change that, because it would probably break existing
> client-side code for little gain.

I think clarity suggests we should make the heading match the feature,
i.e call it "advisory" rather than "userlock".   We changed the API, I
don't see why keeping the heading makes sense.

I think we should leave it unprotected unless we find out that there are
unique security problems with advisory locks.