Re: execute/perform and FOUND - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: execute/perform and FOUND
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 01:32:02PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> I beleive that since PERFORM doesn't return anything, it sets the FOUND
> variable to at least indicate whether it did something.
The weird thing is that in the example it sets FOUND to true
even if it did NOT do anything.

Setting FOUND to true because it *succeeded* in doing
nothing is not helpful because not succeeding would abort
the transaction anyways and throw an exception.

Regards,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346