Re: execute/perform and FOUND - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: execute/perform and FOUND
Date
Re: execute/perform and FOUND  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 01:15:46PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Assuming EXECUTE does not touch FOUND at all the EXECUTE
> part behaves consistently (namely default FOUND=FALSE at the
> beginning and later whatever it was after the PERFORM).
>
> So, what about the PERFORM ?  Why does it set FOUND to true?

I beleive that since PERFORM doesn't return anything, it sets the FOUND
variable to at least indicate whether it did something. OTOH EXECUTE
can return something so it doesn't need that.

It's a bit wierd, but I think later versions changed EXECUTE to set
FOUND also, just to be consistant.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment