Re: What is the Best Postgresql Load Balancing Solution available ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Najib Abi Fadel
Subject Re: What is the Best Postgresql Load Balancing Solution available ?
Date
Re: What is the Best Postgresql Load Balancing Solution  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Re: What is the Best Postgresql Load Balancing Solution available ?  ("Talha Khan" <talha.amjad@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
I have a web application that is accessed by a large number of users.
My application is written in PHP and uses postgres.  Apache is our web server.
The performance of my application drops down when a large numbers of users connects at the same time. I need to have a better response time !  That's why i need to load balance the web requests and the database.

Regards,
Najib.

Ben Trewern <ben.trewern@_nospam_mowlem.com> wrote:
The solution you need all depends on the problem you are having. If you
explain how your application is written PHP, Java, etc and where your
performance problems are coming from, then someone could give you a better
answer!

Regards,

Ben

"Najib Abi Fadel" wrote in message

Robin Ericsson wrote:
On 9/18/06, Najib Abi Fadel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i was searching for a load balancing solution for
> postgres, I found some ready to use software like
> PGCluster, Slony, pgpool and others.
>
> It would really be nice if someone knows which one is
> the best taking in consideration that i have an
> already running application that i need to load
> balance.

There isn't one tool that is the best, all three work very good based
on where they are used and what they are used for.

--
regards,
Robin

Did you try them or have any experience with them. I need them for load
balancing my database and thus making the queries faster. I have a web
application heavely using a postgres database. Hundreds of users can connect
at the same time to my web application.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Najib.

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.