Re: What is the Best Postgresql Load Balancing Solution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: What is the Best Postgresql Load Balancing Solution
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 00:46 -0700, Najib Abi Fadel wrote:
> I have a web application that is accessed by a large number of users.
> My application is written in PHP and uses postgres.  Apache is our web
> server.
> The performance of my application drops down when a large numbers of
> users connects at the same time. I need to have a better response
> time !  That's why i need to load balance the web requests and the
> database.
>
> Regards,
> Najib.

Slony is a well-tested system. I recommend you try Slony and see if it
suits your needs. If not, please tell us where it falls short, and
someone will have another suggestion for you.

Also, as someone else pointed out, make sure you're using connection
pooling if that's appropriate (which it usually is for web
applications).

Regards,
    Jeff Davis