Re: ECPG: non-integer constant in group by - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: ECPG: non-integer constant in group by
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 02:40:49AM -0800, Poul Jensen wrote:
> 1) It seems like the fastest way to find the # of distinct elements in a
> column is using GROUP BY. With ECPG, if I try
>    EXEC SQL SELECT filenm FROM beamdata GROUP BY filenm;
>    I will get "sql error Too few arguments". Why? Can I correct the
> query to avoid the error message? (sqlca.sqlerrd[2] does contain the #
> of elements in spite of error)

The problem is that you are selecting a value but you don't say where ecpg
should store the result. You're missing the "INTO :var" part.

Joachim

--
Joachim Wieland                                              joe@mcknight.de
                                                           GPG key available