execute in pl/pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dino Vliet
Subject execute in pl/pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

In my pl/pgsql procedure I have the following line:

execute 'copy cancella to ' || location || ' with
delimiter as \',\'';

Location is a string that gives the absolute pathname.

It's obvious what I'm aiming for, but this still gives
an error because of the two '' I'm missing around the
location var.

That's why I'm getting this error message:

NOTICE:  location is hier
/usr/local/pgsql/data/plpgtrainin10.txt

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "/" at character 18
QUERY:  copy cancella to
/usr/local/pgsql/data/plpgtrainin10.txt with delimiter
as ','
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "perform" line 16 at
execute statement

How can I solve it? I've tried a few things but keep
getting this error.

Thanks