Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject:
Date
Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject:
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >>Mailman is a supported, large, active, FOSS community project that is
> >>battle tested in the current field much more so then Majordomo. Holding
> >>on with a dying breaths to old software is silly.
> >
> >Can Mailman do moderation over email?  If it can do that, then I'm all
> >for it.  If it can't, which was the case last time I checked (more than
> >a year ago or two, I admit), then I repeat my plea that it's not done.
> >Moderation over www is a PITA.  My MUA allows me to accept/reject a
>
> O.k. this is a little silly. This constant old school, we have to be
> able to administer things from email is counter-productive. Email is
> dead, long live www! ;)
>
> Seriously though, from a list administrator point of view, someone who
> has to manage many, many lists moderation over email is the PITA. It is
> much nicer to just view a nice long list in a web brower, select a
> couple that I want to keep -- and submit. The rest get thrown away.

For each moderation request I get, I press a single key.  Either "A" or
"R" (yes, I wrote a script for this and set up a mutt macro.  Does you
MUA allow you to bind keys to macros?).  And I get to see the message to
check if it's actual spam or not.  These condensed lists of yours are a
mess because you can't readily tell without looking at the content, thus
leading to opening new windows or tabs.  Plus, I get the moderation
requests on the regular inbox, so they get handled right away and
discarded (the single key macro I wrote takes care of deleting the mail
as well).

I don't see how the web stuff can be any simpler.