Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject:
Date
List pgsql-general

>> Mailman is a supported, large, active, FOSS community project that is
>> battle tested in the current field much more so then Majordomo. Holding
>> on with a dying breaths to old software is silly.
>
> Can Mailman do moderation over email?  If it can do that, then I'm all
> for it.  If it can't, which was the case last time I checked (more than
> a year ago or two, I admit), then I repeat my plea that it's not done.
> Moderation over www is a PITA.  My MUA allows me to accept/reject a

O.k. this is a little silly. This constant old school, we have to be
able to administer things from email is counter-productive. Email is
dead, long live www! ;)

Seriously though, from a list administrator point of view, someone who
has to manage many, many lists moderation over email is the PITA. It is
much nicer to just view a nice long list in a web brower, select a
couple that I want to keep -- and submit. The rest get thrown away.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/