Re: Win32 hard crash problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Win32 hard crash problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >Tom Lane wrote:
> >>During the connection attempt?  I don't think libpq can report that
> >>message until it tries to do a regular query (might be wrong though).
> >>Is the client using some application that's going to issue a query
> >>immediately on connecting?
> >
> >What I've been wondering all along is whether they are using a
> >connection pool.
>
> Yes they are using a connection pool. A java based one.

It's quite possible that it's the connection pool that gets confused,
and not PostgreSQL itself.  It would be interesting if they change the
connection setting when the "hang" next occurs, to point directly to
PostgreSQL bypassing the connection pool.

OTOH the connection pool may be the thing with the TickCounter problem.