Re: Win32 hard crash problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Win32 hard crash problem
Date
Re: Win32 hard crash problem  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Just verified with customer. Once the problem occurs the first time, the
>>> customer will continually get the same error message for each subsequent
>>> connection attempt:
>>> server sent data ("D" message) without prior row description ("T" message)
>> During the connection attempt?  I don't think libpq can report that
>> message until it tries to do a regular query (might be wrong though).
>> Is the client using some application that's going to issue a query
>> immediately on connecting?
>
> What I've been wondering all along is whether they are using a
> connection pool.

Yes they are using a connection pool. A java based one.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/