Re: Win32 hard crash problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Win32 hard crash problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>> Just verified with customer. Once the problem occurs the first time, the
>> customer will continually get the same error message for each subsequent
>> connection attempt:
>
>> server sent data ("D" message) without prior row description ("T" message)
>
> During the connection attempt?  I don't think libpq can report that
> message until it tries to do a regular query (might be wrong though).
> Is the client using some application that's going to issue a query
> immediately on connecting?

Well, windows ;) Customer says that they double click pgadmin and they
get that message. I have informed them on how to increase to debug5 and
hopefully we get something from that, of course it will likely be 24.85
days from now ;)

> It would be useful to turn on log_connections and log_statement (and
> perhaps crank log_min_messages all the way up to DEBUG5) to see if we
> can get anything in the postmaster log giving a hint what actually
> happens here.  A TCP sniff of the connection attempt traffic would be
> pretty useful too.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/