Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
bruce wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> >
> > > Peter asked why it was done, a good answer was given, and Peter did not
> > > reply.
> >
> > Au contraire, he's reiterated since then that he didn't like it.
>
> The thread order was: patch, Peter comments, submitter gives reasons,
> patch put in the queue, Peter comments again, I reply that the change is
> not just "refactoring" but is needed based on submitters comments, and
> no reply from Peter:
>
>     http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-08/msg00334.php
>
> Without a reply from Peter, I have to assume the patch is valid.

This is also an interesting example for a tracker.  If we had one, all
discussion on the patch would be in one place, but I am thinking that
would require all posting to happen in a browser, or somehow have emails
tagged to attach to each item.   Is that something that can happen
easily?  I don't know.  Would the repost of a patch be attached to the
original submission?