Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date
Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 03:40:40PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> This is also an interesting example for a tracker.  If we had one, all
> discussion on the patch would be in one place, but I am thinking that
> would require all posting to happen in a browser, or somehow have emails
> tagged to attach to each item.   Is that something that can happen
> easily?  I don't know.  Would the repost of a patch be attached to the
> original submission?

In debbugs for example, the bug gets an email address
<bugnumber>@bugs.project.site. Anything sent to that address gets
recorded in the bug. So as long as people hit "reply-to-all" the whole
thread will be archived in the bug.

I assume other bug trackers have a similar feature...

Have a nice day,