Re: 7.4 Development - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 7.4 Development
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Brad,

> Have core announced when they will stop supporting 7.4?

Our stated policy has been to back-patch two versions before the current one.
That means that, after 8.2 is released, we could theoretically stop patching
7.4.   If, however, some commercial distributors of PostgreSQL continue to be
interested in contributing patches further back than that to the community,
then we're not going to reject them.

So, in short: 7.4 patching *could* stop later this year, but is more likely to
continue for some indefinite time beyond that.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun