Re: Query response time - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roman Neuhauser
Subject Re: Query response time
Date
List pgsql-sql
# jonathan.sinclair@molevalleyfarmers.com / 2006-08-08 13:25:47 +0100:
> I am using PostgresSQL 7.4 and having some serious performance issues.

> I am using tables that only contain approx 2GB of data.

> The install was performed by yum onto a RAID server using Centos. I am
> sure there is something fundamentally wrong for I can't believe that
> postgres would have the reputation it has based on the statistics I'm
> getting. Does anyone have any advice?
   You'll need to configure PostrgreSQL, the default settings seem   to be tuned so that PostgreSQL starts even in very
limited  environments.

   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/runtime-config.html

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.