Re: Disk is full, what's cool to get rid of? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Disk is full, what's cool to get rid of?
Date
List pgsql-sql
> administration or maintenance on it that I know of...)  How about the
> WAL files in pg_xlog?  How critical are they when no data on the system
> is critical in and of itself?  Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated...

If the data isn't critical, you maybe could truncate a table to clear
enough space.  Deleting anything under pg_xlog is more or less
guaranteed to mean your database is garbage.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.    --Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA