Re: copy losing information - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: copy losing information
Date
List pgsql-general
Silvela, Jaime (Exchange) wrote:
> No lines contain quotes. And the same file will sometimes be fully
> imported, and sometimes lose data. I'm thinking that under heavy loads,
> the database is discarding INSERTS.

I don't think that's very likely.

How are you checking that the data is there?  Do you check the whole
table by way of a big, fat, unconstrained SELECT, or do you extract some
rows one by one?  My guess would be that maybe some insertions are not
making it into an index that may be later used for getting the data
during the examination.

If there are no indexes involved (no primary key either) then this
theory can be discarded quickly.