Re: pgbench enhancements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: pgbench enhancements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I have committed contrib/pgbench enhanments contributed by Tomoaki
> Sato from SRA OSS, Inc. Japan.
>
> - predefined variable "tps"
>   The value of variable tps is taken from the scaling factor
>   specified by -s option.
>
> - -D option
>   Variable values can be defined by -D option.
>
> - \set command now allows arithmetic calculations.
>
> enjoy,

BTW, running long benchmark using pgbench on BIG tables easily causes
an integer overflow error in following SQLs:

update accounts set abalance = abalance + :delta where aid = :aid;

update tellers set tbalance = tbalance + :delta where tid = :tid;

update branches set bbalance = bbalance + :delta where bid = :bid;

I'm inclined to change abalance, tbalance and bbalance column to
BIGINT to avoid the error. Opinion?
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan