Re: pgstattuple extension for indexes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Re: pgstattuple extension for indexes
Date
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
> > I'm working on an utility for b-tree index, called `pgstatindex`.
>
> Does it make sense to merge the pgstatindex stuff with pgstattuple, and
> have the fragmentation report into pgstatindex instead of pgstattuple
> itself?

It sounds good. We will have two separate commands:
 - pgstattuple: returns tuple-level information
 - pgstatindex: returns page-level information

We can use tuple-level info to check LP_DELETE flags on index tuples,
and use page-level info to check needs for REINDEX.

Do we add pgstatindex as a new contrib module,
or merge it into contrib/pgstattuple?

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro